We strongly recommend that you set up self-service password reset. This way you don't have to manually reset passwords for your users. To learn how, see Let users reset their own passwords in Office 365.
Reset an Office 365 business password for someone else
These steps are only for people using an Office 365 business plan. To do them, you need to sign in with your Office 365 admin account.
- Go to the Admin center.
- Go to Users > Active users.
- Select your users.
- Click Reset password.
- Follow text on page.
Reset my Office 365 tenant admin password
- Use these steps if you forgot your password but you're able to sign in to Office 365 because, for example, your password is saved in your browser:
- In Office 365, choose Settings > Office 365 > Personal info.
- Double-check that your Contact details and Alternate email are accurate. If not, change them now.
- Sign out of Office 365: click on your name in the upper right corner (in the above image, shown as Diane) > Sign out.
- Now sign in again to Office 365: type your user name > Next > and then choose Forgot password.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to reset your password. It uses your alternate contact info to verify you're the right person to reset your password.
- If you forgot your password and can't sign in to Office 365:
- Ask another global admin in your business to reset your password for you.