Dynamics 365 portals get provisioned with a default Base URL, usually in the form of https://xyz.microsoftcrmportals.com. This article shows how to change the URL of your Dynamics 365 portal instance to one better aligned with your business. (e.g. https://portal.yourdomain.com).
Performing this task will require the following:
- Portal Owner privileges
- Your preferred URL created as a CNAME record, pointing to xyz.microsoftcrmportals.com, where xyz is your portal specific identifier (e.g. skyblue.microsoftcrmportals.com).
- A public SSL certificate that will support your portal’s custom URL (in .pfx format)
The steps outlined in this task will take approximately 10 minutes.
After completing the steps outlined in this article, your portal will still continue to work on the old base URL in addition to working on the custom URL that you will configure.
1. Open the Portal Admin page- https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/resources/portals and Click the ellipses (…) next to the portal we just created and click "Manage" – this should open the portal administration area in a new tab
2. Microsoft has a detailed article that describes the process of customizing the URL and setting up SSL.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/admin/add-custom-domain
It is recommended that you follow the above Microsoft article, we have summarized them below.
Click on "Manage SSL certificates" and then "+ Add New" to upload the SSL certificate associated with your portal domain. You will need the .pfx file associated with the certificate.
Verify that the SSL shows up in the list (as indicated in the screenshot below)
3. Click on the “Set up custom domains and SSL” menu and then Click on the “+ Add new” button on the “Hostname Assigned to Portal” grid.
4. Specify your custom URL and Click the confirmation button. This step will fail if the URL you’re entering does not already point to your portals’ default base URL (as a CNAME record).
5. Once the domain has been added, click on the “+ Add new” button next on the “SSL Bindings” grid to bind the SSL to the domain you just created..
6. If everything is okay, then you should see the Host Name and SSL Bindings, that was just created.
7. Navigate to the new URL of your portal to test if this all works! Once you have changed the URL you will need to update the portal URL in the Work 365 Application Settings.
Under Administration ->Admin Hub->Application Settings->Portal Update the Portal URL Setting (this setting is used to send the invite to end users from the Work 365 application)
10. Congratulations! Your Dynamics 365 Portal is now configured with a custom URL.