Where you can store documents in Office 365
- OneDrive is designed for individual use, with the occasional sharing of files.
- A SharePoint team site is designed for sharing and collaborating on files regularly. A team site is ideal for storing files that have shared ownership where several people own the files and might collaborate on them.
- Both OneDrive and team sites provide anywhere access for you and your employees.
- Only you can access files or folders stored in your OneDrive for Business until you share them with any user. You can share a file or folder that automatically send the link via email to access shared files & folders.
- Open https://outlook.office.com/ in your favorite web browser.
- Log in with your Office 365 work or school account.
- Click on App Launcher which is placed on most left upper corner
- Select the file or folder you would like to share
- Click the Share button
- Click on the drop down and choose anyone, people in your organization or specific people whom you would like to share the document or folder.
- If you don’t want them to edit, then uncheck Allow editing under Other settings
- Enter the name or email address of the person you would like to share the document or folder.
- Enter the message (which is optional).
- Uncheck ‘Allow editing’ box if you would like users so that they can just view the document. Otherwise, leave it checked.
- Click Send.
12. Later you receive a confirmation message like following screenshot.
13. Here's what the email looks like post sharing.