When trying to register for the self-service portal, there are a couple potential error messages which can populate dur to duplicate contact records in CRM.
First example error message: “The Email “x” is already taken”
Second Error message: Access Denied
- Do an Advanced Find with the following Query
- Enter the email of the contact that has the duplicate record.
- Group both line items as OR.
- Revoke the original portal invitation sent
- Delete the duplicate records in CRM.
- Resend the portal invitation. Ensure the customer registers for the portal using the correct email ID. Inviting Customers to the Self Service Portal (work365apps.com)